Saturday, January 9, 2010

NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS!

I know it's good to set goals, strive for improvement, aim for something higher.  I don't know why but I haven't really wanted to have resolutions this year for fear I may not acheive them.  I think back to last year and some were kept, some were not.  sigh. I don't know if life really is worth living without diet coke...kidding of course...kinda.  Anyway, here are a few things that have been on my heart as I look forward to 2010.  They may or may not be my official resolutions...that is such a strong word.

1.  As with every year, I would love to grown closer to my Jesus.  I already have 2 Bible studies I am planning on attending.  I have been having a hard time with taking that next step.  I have been saved all my life and have settled into a nice, happy, comfortable, christian walk.  Time to rev it up a little.

2. I would really like to be a more organized, more effective, and just plain fabulous house wife.  There is always more cleaning I should do, a little more effort I should make to keep this place running.

3. I signed up for a 1/2 marathon in February so I have to hit the pavement and get my back side in gear to give myself a shot a finishing it.  Only up to 7 miles on my runs so i have to crank it up, seriously.

4.  I have to get some scrapbooking done.  I made it through 2009 without scrapping a single page...sinful!! My poor 4 year old wants to know where his baby book is.  I failed miserable at project 365, but would still like to use the album to get my pictures organized and out where we can look through them instead of in boxes in a closet!

5. This last one for now is a hard one.  After experiencing much guilt I am admitting that as a mom, I have been losing my patience way too easily and raise my voice way too much.  Now granted, I am a passionate person who has a generally loud voice anyway, so raising it isn't all that much of a stretch.  But the boys (all 3 of them) will definately appreciate a kinder, gentler me who can abstain from yelling for no good reason.

Hope you all are off and running to a fabulous new year and may God bless you as this year gets fresh start!!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin