Friday, February 4, 2011

Show us your life...meals for kids









I am so not a good one to offer advice in this area...my oldest, Jackson is extremely hard to feed for the most part and therefore younger brother is now following suit.  I have a general rule of thumb that one or two good meals and some healthy snacks are a goal and usually one meal will be a happy meal and chicken nuggets!  Breakfast is usually pancakes or waffles or cereal for my younger one and Jackson will eat bacon, fruit, and/or yogurt.  Lunch is a mis-match of crackers, protein bars, fruit, and juice.  I am terrible at cooking and having regular sit down dinners and feel guilty most of the time.  But my younger one loves spaghetti, pizza, jambalaya, grilled or rotisserie chicken, etc. I also give them daily gummie vitamins and have found that they have gummies for servings of fruits and veggies (for desperate mom's like me!) Will be looking into those in the near future!  Looking forward to reading all the other ideas for today's show us your life over at Kelly's blog! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am sure it is hard to have picky eaters. For the most part mine will try things. It's my oldest that I sometimes have to convince. The one good thing about him is that he loves his sports and so when I tell him he needs to eat healthy for that, he is more willing to try. =) Good luck.

goodgirlgoneglad.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin