Tuesday, February 22, 2011

growing pains...

Logan has been complaining about leg pains.  I think he is growing and maybe the pain in his legs is from how fast he is shooting up.  He is catching his big brother!  I tried to explain to him that sometimes things may hurt a little now, but it will be worth it when he is big and tall and all grown up.  Then I got to thinking about the growing pains I'm experiencing in my own life right now.  My heart has been so heavy the past week or so.  God is moving, and speaking to my heart.  I was led to a book that I started reading called Crazy Love by Francis Chan...it is rocking my world.  I'm only on chapter 5 and am going slow on purpose.  I'm trying to be still before God and listen to Him, listen to what He is trying to tell me, where he is leading.  There has been pain involved.  Emotional pain.  Conviction pain.  Growing pains.  I don't want to be a lukewarm and content christian.  I want to be who God wants me to be...just still trying to figure out who that is.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I'm always amazed when I look back at a painful time in my life, that it was then that I grew the most spiritually. It is such a blessing to know that God is in control, but it is hard at times to allow him to be in complete control. Many blessings to you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin