Thursday, December 30, 2010

Oreo Truffles



A recipe, from me?? I know, someone take my temperature!  Actually, it is something even I can make and always a huge hit at christmas time!  Orea truffles are so easy and taste amazing.  I have to thank an old friend in Kansas for the idea and how to! Thanks Jen!!  Anyway, here goes:

You will need:
1. 1 package Oreos
2. 1, 8oz Phileadelphia Cream Cheese
3. 1 package Almond Bark (found at Wal Mart)













First, crush the entire package of Oreos either in mixer or my way (in a ziplock freezer bag with a hammer!), they need to be pretty finely crushed.

then mix in a room temp, soft package cream cheese.  I just start mixing it in with my hands and keep kneeding until it is all mixed in.  It will seem like you don't have enough cream cheese...just keep mixing!

set the bowl in the fridge and chill the mixture.

after the mixture has chilled, take the bowl out.  prepare a cookie sheet with wax paper.  then roll the mixture into bite sized balls and set on wax paper.

then it's time for the magic...in a large glass bowl heat the almond bark chocolate, better to do in 30 sec incriments and stir...usually only takes 90 seconds.


Using a fork, dip the Oreo balls into the chocolate, strain with fork and set back on wax paper! repeat until all truffles are covered!!

 ENJOY!!!!

I drizzled some white chocolate almond bark over the truffles to make them a little fancier for gifts! Wish I had taken a picture of the plate with cellophane and bows! So cute! And YUMMY!!




You're Welcome!! Happy New Year!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin