Wednesday, December 29, 2010

New Year's Resolution time...

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately.  New Year's resolutions should mean something.  They should be something that really does affect life for the better.  I've made a lot of resolutions in the past that haven't "stuck" and I'm sure there will be more failures in the future.  But for now, there are a few things that I really want to focus on.  I have some "nudges from heaven" in my heart that make me feel like this is going to be a year of growth for me.  At least I can hope and strive for that.  It is always good to improve, move forward, get better, seek more, stretch a little bit, and in all of that, find a better self.  I am hoping to find a giving, sharing, patient, kind, understanding, nurturing, and strong person in myself in the year to come.  And I am not planning on doing it alone.  Nope.  I'm smarter than that.  I know that there is a God who loves me deeply and wants the best for me.  He is my hope, my guide, my peace, and my direction in the year to come.  I find such an amazing calm when I read some of my favorite Bible verses.  If only I read more.  Paused more.  Reflected more.  I plan to...in 2011.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin