Friday, June 12, 2009

friday...bathrooms






Yeah, it's show us where you live friday on Kelly's blog and today is bathrooms. We have 2 1/2 baths and boy am I thankful for that extra half bathroom with my family. Anyway, first up, our master bathroom. It is a work in progress. Still need new rugs and towels but I love it.

This curtain over the tub was my first home sewing project ever and it got me hooked on doing things myself for cheaper!!! Thanks mom for all the help and sending my on my sewing way!

My only request when we built the house was a 6ft tub and I got it! (I'm 5'10 and we had to take away from closet space but it was well worth it!) You will find me soaking away the day's stress every single night in the jacuzzi tub!!

This is one corner I'm not happy with...I love the mirror but I threw the flowers together and they are lacking and I think the other picture is too close for the space. Any suggestions?

I was thrilled with how my sconces turned out. I made them after seeing a designer version. I am happy to say I spent less than $20 on each of them. Not bad,huh?

Up next, the boy's/guest bathroom. I fell in love with this shower curtain at a model home and was shocked to find out it isn't a shower curtain at all, it's a bed quilt! But it works and I have a double rod with a plastic liner on the inside. I used curtain rings on a heavy duty rod and LOVE it!




My favorite part of this bathroom is the sconces in the mirror.

This is the half bath. It is so small, yes, that is me in the mirror in my jammies tring to get a picture of the whole thing.

It is just off the laundry room and garage. My hubby loves the magazine rack (from southern living home collection!)

My last little tidbit...I couldn't find any wall hangings that I love for this small space and ended up finding place mats on clearance at peir 1 for 3 dollars. The big squares are just hung with little nails and it adds some texture to the room.


Last but not least, some more catching up, just a view of the living room when you walk in the front door. At a loss for what to do with the windows since you can see the breakfast room and red drapes (that I made) all in the same view. Would love any thoughts out there!!!
Have a great weekend everyone and thanks for stopping by!












5 comments:

The Taffs said...

How did you get the sconces to hang on the mirror? So cute!

Thanks for sharing!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Your bathrooms are beautiful!

Heather said...

I love your bathrooms!! They are so pretty!! I think you have done a great job! You have great style and love that corner that wasn't your favorite!

Caroline said...

Your flower arrangements are beautiful. I love the safari themed bathroom.

Ashley said...

Your bathroom is so beautiful, I actually like the flowers on the toilet, I might do that to my bathroom! Thank you so much for sharing!
-Ash-

Blog Widget by LinkWithin