God is an amazing creator! Everyday I marvel at the things around me that show His glory!!
The detail, the color, the beauty, it is all so amazing to me!
And something that is even more amazing to me is that the One who created the flowers and beauty I love and enjoy so much in my gardens, is the same creator who know my thoughts, my desires, my hopes, and my dreams. He hears my prayers, spoken and felt deep in my heart. He gives us purpose, direction, and meaning in this crazy and hectic world. He is the author and perfecter of each of our lives if we so choose to place it in His hands. What a blessing to know He is in control...and an even bigger blessing to see when He decides to grant miracles to some of us!
I've written before about my two amazing boys and the true miracles that I feel they are. My "baby" is almost 6 and I can't believe where the time has gone. I also can't believe that in the last few weeks, God has revealed some more of His plan for me and for our family! As you may have read yesterday...God has decided to bless us with another miracle!! I am pregnant and still amazed at the thought!
It took several tests and 2 near panic attacks to adjust to the idea that my joy as a mother would be increased further as I get the opportunity to care for and love another precious human being. As I took that first pregnancy test, I immediately was given scripture in my heart...Psalm 139 flowed through my mind as tears of joy and fear rolled down my cheeks at once.
Then these words once again filled my heart...
Psalm 139 (New International Version)
- 1 O LORD, you have searched me and you know me.
- 2 You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.
- 3 You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.
- 4 Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD.
- 5 You hem me in--behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.
- 6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.
- 7 Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?
- 8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
- 9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea,
- 10 even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.
- 11 If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,"
- 12 even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you.
- 13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
- 14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. 15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, 16 your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. 17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!
- 18 Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand. When I awake, I am still with you.
- 19 If only you would slay the wicked, O God! Away from me, you bloodthirsty men!
- 20 They speak of you with evil intent; your adversaries misuse your name.
- 21 Do I not hate those who hate you, O LORD, and abhor those who rise up against you? 22 I have nothing but hatred for them; I count them my enemies.
- 23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
- 24 See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
...so it is with joy and faith and trust that I move forward day by day, marveling in the wonder of being blessed with...another miracle!