Saturday, April 18, 2009

New foods this week...

Jackson has surprised me this week and asked for some "new" foods to try! I am all for it, although my hubby thinks there is something a little crazy about rewarding a 5 year old for the new foods he is choosing. In any case, we are making some baby steps in the right direction!!

1. Cherry 7-up (3 sips with a smile and puzzled amazement that he ACTUALLY liked it)

2. Blue-Raspberry Icee (drank the WHOLE darn thing!) thanks cousin riley for the gentle peer pressure!!!! :)

3. Mcdonald's french fries-after watching his new t-ball friends enjoy a meal at mickey d's, jackson didn't want to be the odd man out and asked for MY fries instead of the wendy's standby that dad had brought. (I didn't need the calories anyway!)

so there you have it! my heart is all bubbly and giddy that jackson is making these efforts himself. of course, we have a long way to go, but I will take what I can get.

2 comments:

Kristina--Therapy Tree said...

Great Sara! I know you are all excited over there! I try to keep a list like that for my own daughter as well as the kids I see for feeding therapy--very helpful , that way you can keep expanding on even the 'new' foods! And Yay for the positive peer pressure with the fries!! Have a great Sunday!
http://pickytots.blogspot.com/2009/03/positive-peer-pressure.html

Karena said...

I have never been so thrilled/excited/happy that a little boy ate french fries. Way to go Jackson!!!!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin