Tuesday, July 21, 2009

uugghhhh...

update
jackson had a 4 hour nap this afternoon only to wake up and crawl into my bed. I went to work out and left him with daddy. When I got home jackson was sound asleep in my bed and hadn't moved since I left. When I woke him up he complained that he was just too sleepy and asked to go back to bed. I started to get worried that he was so lethargic. We forced some fluids in him but he still refused to eat, actually gagging when we made him put a cracker in his mouth. So daddy unfortunately put his work skills to use and gave him an IV with some fluids to help perk him up. He still has a fever and just can't seem to shake this.
Just as we got jackson settled and to bed, Logan started complaning that his tummy and back hurt. We chalked it up to needing attention since big brother was getting so much being sick and gave him a bath and put him to bed. After Logan asked me to rub his belly, I could see that he really wasn't feeling good. He then sat up in bed and puked the entire contents of lunch and dinner that had been sitting in his tummy. A trip to the tub while daddy cleaned up the mess (thank you daddy) and logan spiked a fever and started with chills and chattering teeth. All I can say is being a parent is the hardest but most rewarding job there is. I just need to babies to get better soon! Thank you Jesus that my migraine responded quickly to medicine and I was able to nap with the boys this afternoon and am feeling much better.


sick kids, i have a migraine today, 11 days to go until my triathlon, this isn't shaping up to be one of the best weeks. hopefully we can all recover quickly. jackson is having an awful time with the croup, ear infection and medicine that makes him nauseated. He hasn't eaten real food since last wednesday and we are trying to push fluids as much as possible. He crawled to my room this morning because he said his legs weren't working (leg cramps again) so I am sitting on the couch forcing sips and chips every few minutes to get some fluids into him. All this while logan tries to navigate the finer art of construction with lincoln logs. Why can't kids just "play" and not get shown how to do everthing. he isn't doing very well with teaching himself. Anyway, I'll be back when everyone is feeling better!!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin