Tuesday, May 31, 2011

WIWW...convention options

 Ok, so I'm getting ready to go to my first ever business convention and I'm freaking out a little! What do I wear??? So I though I could enlist all of you fabulous WIWW fashion gals to HELP!

I have a few disclaimers first:
1. Sorry for the quality of pics, my 5 year old was the photographer!
2. Apparently I still adore black, white, and gray, and can't seem to buy color.
So, here we go...

Friday after noon there will be a registration/arrival time.  Then there is a meet and greet with food and our first session.  That is immediately followed by a riverboat cruise dinner that I won to meet the leaders of our company.  So, do I start casual then run to the room and change for the dinner? Arrive in jeans? Are jeans ever appropriate for a convention?  Or maybe the outfit above? shorts? Is a little black dress always a safe bet for an evening out? I really would love some of your thoughts or ideas!








Saturday will be a full day starting at 7am with a buffet breakfast and then an entire day of classes, sessions, meetings and fun.  Do I go with the slacks and cardigan? A sundress and Volitile flip flops for comfort? or maybe these capri dress slacks and the striped sweater in case it's freezing in our meeting rooms?







Had to sneak a pic of this fabulous tank from Forever 21...by far one of my favorite places to shop! Don't think sequins would be good for a convention!

So please, do share! Are you a mommy business women?  How do you dress to go to the office? Out with clients?  I'm new to all of this and so excited I can hardly stand it!!

2 comments:

Cami said...

I recommend that you do not wear jeans, shorts or flip flops

Little Black dress for the evening out. Capris or slacks with nice tank/blouse for meetings. The outfit with the stripped top is good as is the one with the black blazer/sweater. I think for registration, the silk tank and jeans would be okay (You look hot in that photo, by the way!!)

Maybe throw in a skirt or two. Target has some great cotton (merona is the brand) skirts that are comfortable and casual will still dressing up.

http://www.target.com/Merona-Flat-Waistband-Skirt-Olive/dp/B004FJG9FW/ref=sc_qi_detaillink

http://www.target.com/Merona-Belted-Leisure-Skirt-Oatmeal/dp/B004HJCIGY/ref=sc_qi_detaillink

You should dress professionally to stand out and to make a good impression. The "higher ups" will remember those who dressed for success and those who did not.

Have fun!!

Cami said...

even if others are dressed in shorts, I still think you should stay the course and dress for success.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin