Saturday, June 19, 2010

2 amazing men...



Well, tomorrow is father's day.  It happens to be a day that means a lot to me for two reasons! The first is, of course, my dad.  He is an amazing man.  Some of the words that come to mind immediately are, kind, gentle, compassionate, unselfish, devoted, motivated, and inspiring! And that's just to name a few.  My dad has an amazing heart and is a true servant leader and example of what a man of God looks like.  I have the fondest memories of growing up with a fun and energetic dad to 3 daughters.  There are the camping trips, the vacations, the youth group pranks! (he was a great driver when we rolled houses!), and on and on.  One of my absolute best and favorite memories is from when I was six.  One evening he was sitting in the living room.  The glow of the lamp lit the book he was reading as he sat on one end of the couch.  I remember the orange and red shag carpet that was in that room at the time too! Anyway, he was reading his Bible (as he often did), and I was curious.  He was studying the Four Spiritual Laws, a bible tract used to witness and I started asking questions.  It was that night that my curiosity and his soft words and answers changed my life forever as he led me to pray the prayer of salvation.  What an amazing thing to share as a father and daughter!  He has always been the kind of man I knew I wanted in a husband.  He set such a great example for what a husband and father should be and I will forever be grateful for his undying love, unconditional acceptance, unwavering forgiveness, and true inspiration.  I am honored to call him dad and love him as much as any daughter could. 



And then of course, there's my husband.  I always knew I wanted kids and could only hope to share that with someone special.  My husband has been the most amazing dad to our boys and has exceeded all expectations for what a father to my children would be!  Thank you baby, for your devotion and love that our children receive from you.  You live for them and they know how special they are because of you!  I have never seen someone so giving and you truly want to do everything you can for the boys.  The hours of baseball, soccer, sidewalk chalk, and tickle fights bring me more joy to watch than you will ever know!  You are a strong leader, motivated to work hard and be the best and I hope the boys will learn that and see how your strive for something better.  I love you more than words can express and am so blessed that you are the father of my children!  Happy Father's Day to 2 amazing and wonderful men that God has given me!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank my precious daughter! You are so special and such a wonderful mom and daughter. I am blessed beyond words to have the privilege of being your dad!
Love you!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin