So I wasn't going to make any, but my mind is swirling with all the things I want to do, so I figured I should probably just make the list and keep it to refer to this year. Goals are good. They help us to move forward. They give us a reason to try a little harder and aim a little higher. I don't want to be bored, or worse, boring. So here goes, 2009 here I come!
(in no particular order)
1. Exercise. Isn't that a given each year? I am hoping one day it will just become part of my life and maybe I will even enjoy it. Okay maybe not, but I owe it to my husband and kids to be healthy.
2. Maybe #1 will help me with my weigh loss resolution. The two seem to go hand in hand. I have got to get these last 15 pounds off. I don't think you're allowed to call it "baby weight" when the baby is 3!
3. Hide God's word in my heart. So I failed miserable with trying to memorize Psalm 139. Maybe I will try to start small. It has always bothered me that I have been a christian my whole life and am not more able to pray and recite scripture as much as I would like.
4. Scrapbook. I have thousands of pictures and even a scrapping nook, (thanks dad and hubby). Now I just have to use it!
5. Don't waste time. I find myself so frustrated that at the end of the day sometimes I have spun my wheels to exhaustion only to find I haven't accomplished a thing. I would like to become more efficient and learn how to manage my time wisely!
6. Turn the T.V. OFF!!! This is going to be a hard one. Not so much for me with an occasional show I watch, but the kids in front of the T.V. for hours has to go. Life is too short and too exciting to let NOGGIN teach them what they need to know. So here we go kids, let's play more, color more, get messy with finger paint more, get out the play doh, (even though I despise cleaning it up), and quite vegging out just for some "mommy time"!
crap, now it's in writing and I have to try to do it.
7. Be a Proverbs 31 wife. Self explainatory.
8. Be a good steward of the money my husband works hard to make and the Lord has blessed us with. Thank you, Dave Ramesey!
9. Laugh more!
10. Do one new thing this year. I would like to challenge myself to do one new thing. Maybe a hobby. Start some lessons. Go back to work occasionally. Volunteer for something. Just want to expand my horizons and not let life get boring.
So there's the top 10. Could keep going for days on all the things I want to change or do but those 10 will keep me busy for awhile!
Happy New Year!
Trendspotting: Thin Frame Round Mirrors
6 hours ago